Most curtain rods that are available in market are of neutral colors such as black or white. Hence, they go well with almost any curtain, color, or design. Any set of conventional curtain rods are made up of two principal parts - the bracket and the actual rod. The brackets are secured into the wall, and then the rod is screwed or attached to them.
In cases where the rod is long, supports that resemble the design and texture of brackets are also used. Often, decorative heads are also fitted on the brackets and supports. The process of hanging a curtain rod is extremely easy and straightforward.
In order to hang the curtain rod, you will require the following accessories.
- Measuring tape
- Ladder or a high stool
- Power drill
- Sheetrock anchors
- The first and most crucial step is to take measurements. Take the measuring tape and draw markings for the brackets at least five inches above the upper edge of window frame. Lightweight frames can also be hung on the window frame itself.
- The next step is to make markings for the holes of the bracket. You do the same with the help of brackets and a pencil. Make sure that you are not making a mark over a wood stud. For this you may also first drill a pilot hole. You also need to confirm that the hole markings are leveled and not lopsided.
- Next, take the power drill and drill on the markings that have already been made. You need to keep your eyes safe from the small amount of dust that is released during this process.
- After you have drilled the holes, tap in the Sheetrock anchors into the holes. These anchors make sure that the screws are always held in place.
- Next screw in your curtain rod brackets into place and ensure whether they are secure enough or not.
- The last step is to put in the curtain clip rings into the curtain rods and place the rod into place.