Petroleum jelly is a flammable mixture, and its purest form is colorless. If it is not distilled well, then it is pale yellow in color. The jelly has healing properties, hence it is used for curing minor injuries. It can be used for skin protection, because of which many people use it as a cosmetic.
- Petroleum jelly is extremely good for damaged areas on wooden furniture. Apply a small quantity to the damaged parts, allow it to stay on for at least 12 hours, and then remove the excess jelly with a soft cloth or a paper towel.
- The jelly can be used to add shine to shoes, purses, and boats. Apply a thin coat and wipe off the excess jelly. This will keep these materials away from water and other pollutants present in the air.
- If your door is making a squeaky sound, then you can apply this jelly to the hinge which will reduce the sound.
- Before you apply any color or dye on your hair, apply some white petroleum jelly along the hairline and ears to keep your skin from staining.
- It helps in healing cuts and sores as it protects the wounds from moisture and bacteria. You can also use the jelly to heal scars.
- Petroleum jelly can be used as a moisturizer. As it is devoid of chemicals, it does not have an adverse effect on the skin. You can apply it on your lips to help keep them soft and smooth.
- You can increase the lasting time of a perfume with this jelly. Apply the jelly on your pulse points before spraying perfume. This will surely make the fragrance last longer.
- Before you do any gardening, repairing, or cleaning activities, apply some of this jelly on your hands so that it will keep the dirt away, and will help make your hands softer.
- While applying nail paint, there are chances of the nail paint running over the cuticles. In order to avoid this, you can apply petroleum jelly over the cuticles, and you can wipe off the jelly after you have completed applying the nail paint. Wiping the jelly off will also remove the nail paint present on the cuticles.
- If your baby is experiencing a diaper rash, then you can apply this jelly on the affected area as it helps to heal the rash and provides a protective layer.
- Applying this jelly on the eyelashes daily before sleeping will help grow stronger, thicker, and longer lashes. You can apply the jelly over eyeliner, which will help you to enhance your eye makeup.
- This jelly prevents wind burn. It acts as a barrier between the skin and wind, thus avoiding wind burn.
- It's good for the elimination of lice. Applying a large amount of jelly on the scalp will get rid of lice.
- If you apply petroleum jelly under your nose, it will not allow pollen to enter the nose, thus minimizing the chances of allergies.
- Before you place the candlesticks on a candle stand, apply a bit of jelly to the stand. This will allow you to wipe the dripped wax off easily.