Most people lock their apartment for hours together, either while going to their office or to a party. At such a time a burglar can easily break into your apartment. A bank can store your money safely, but things in the apartment like a stereo, home theater, laptop, and other expensive possessions need security.
With home security systems you can take preventive measures against theft. You can install wireless security system or hardwired system. For extra precaution, install security cameras in your apartment.
Alarm systems are very efficient in keeping burglars away from your apartment. There are two kinds of alarm systems - hardwired and wireless. Wireless alarms are cheap and now come with improved features.
But if you own the apartment, hardwired alarm systems are a better choice. They are more reliable, sturdy, and have a longer life. Installation of hardwired alarm systems is done by professionals.
The second type of sensors are the PIR systems. PIR stands for passive infrared detection. PIR system monitors any visitor's presence. They also help detect all movements occurring in the apartment. PIR systems are wireless and easy to install.
For medium-sized apartments, install wireless security cameras. You can connect these cameras to your TV. So, whenever you are not at home the camera will keep an eye on the intruders for you.
Tips for Prevention of Burglary
By installing a combination of both house alarm and home security systems you will be strengthening the security of your apartment. However, along with the security system, use these home security tips.
- Install secondary blocking device on the sliding windows and doors.
- Always lock your apartment, even if you are going out for a short while.
- You can form a neighborhood watch group to protect your apartment building.
- If you are not in your apartment at night, keep the light in your living room on. This will give the impression that somebody is at home.
- Install a strike plate of 3-screws design, as this will prevent a forced entry from the door.
- Maintain good relations with your neighbors, so that they can keep a watch on your apartment in your absence.
- Ensure that the corridors in your apartment are well-lit.
- Store the serial numbers of your valuables possessions in a notebook.
Make sure you follow the preventive tips and install the appropriate security system to make your home burglarproof.