Brands define what their products stand for, no matter how large or small. It is something you can put your trust in. And some products like a refrigerator, which belongs so intrinsically to your kitchen, must come from the right kind of manufacturer. Here’s a list of some of the best refrigerator brands, that will probably help you make a decision faster and better.
15th November is ‘Clean Your Refrigerator Day’ in the United States. Do make it a point to participate and help your fridge live longer and work more efficiently.
A refrigerator is one of the most essential kitchen appliances, and probably the only storage space for perishable food items. It is one of those very few appliances at home that run 24/7, which makes it essential to consider various factors while buying one. While a buyer should always take into account his/her needs while making a purchase, it gets increasingly confusing nowadays with the number of high quality brands emerging in this sector.
It is essential to know about a brand, the kind of values they put into the product, and the quality they stand by. The list that follows (in no particular order) consists of some of the best refrigerator brands in the world, and some of the best features that their models offer.
LG is a multinational conglomerate corporation founded in the year 1947 in South Korea. It was known as ‘Lucky-Goldstar’, before it was renamed to ‘LG’ in 1995. The LG Electronics division handles LG Refrigerators.
- LoDecibel Operation: An option that reduces the noise level of the refrigerator.
- Door-in-Door Feature: The main refrigerator door is two-fold. An exciting and equally clever feature, it allows you to access the frequently required items in an efficient way.
- Glide N’ Serve Drawer: A fruit and vegetable drawer that allows easy access.
- Multi-Air Flow System: An impressive feature that provides cooling to every niche and corner.
Go to LG Refrigerators
Another huge South Korean corporation, Samsung is known for its services in highly diversified sectors. Samsung Electronics has been expanding at breakneck pace, with utmost quality and superior design.
- Sleek Design and Classic Color Options: The side-by-side refrigerator has won awards for its design.
- Twin Cooling System: The cooling system in the freezer and the main compartment is different. So the air circulated in both is also different.
- Externally Installed Ice Maker: The side-by-side refrigerator has an option of dispensing ice (and water) externally.
Go to Samsung Refrigerators
Maytag, recently acquired by Whirlpool Corporation, specializes in home appliances. It is known to offer a variety of range on each of its products.
- PowerCold Feature: Instantly chills the refrigerator.
- Dual Cool Feature: To generate appropriate humidity levels. They provide a different evaporator for each compartment, so there is no compromise on the freshness of the food.
- Energy Saving: The products by Maytag are Energy Star qualified. Less energy consumption is equal to more money saving.
Go to Maytag Refrigerators
Whirlpool Corporation, the American giant, is the largest home appliance maker in the world. It offers some of the most reliable products in the home appliance sector. The refrigerator models are grouped into two categories: Whirlpool and Whirlpool Gold. The Whirlpool line is budget-oriented, whereas the Whirlpool Gold line includes slightly more expensive models.
- Colors: A huge range of variety to choose from. Various models with many color combinations. Varied choices also offer a huge range of prices.
- In-Door-Ice Plus Ice Dispensing System with Fast Ice Feature: The door also has the ice maker and bin. Enables more freezer space. Plus, the ice collection bins are very easy to remove.
- 6th Sense Technology: This feature is a one-of-a-kind temperature sensing and adjusting system in modern refrigerators. It adjusts the cooling according to the new food added to or taken out of the refrigerator.
Go to Whirlpool Refrigerators
Kenmore is an American brand of appliances started by Sears. It is one of the most widely used brands in American households. Although Kenmore does not manufacture many of its own appliances, it has always maintained impressive quality and delivered reliable products for its consumers.
- Ultra Fresh Cooling System: An amazing feature that takes into account the temperature and humidity levels to keep foods like meats and vegetables fresh for longer durations.
- PuR Ultimate II Advance Water Filtration System: An amazing feature that gives contamination-free bottled-quality water.
- FreshCool System: The ion-coated filters help prevent bacteria, mold, and odor in the refrigerator.
Go to Kenmore Refrigerators
General Electric, one of the most well-known companies in the world, manages its refrigeration line under GE Appliances. They offer some of the best fridges in America.
- Gallon Size Containers: Provides extra space for additional food items.
- Arctica Icemaker: It has a larger capacity of holding ice (up to 10 lbs.) without taking up any extra space.
- Durability: It is highly reliable and one of the most trusted refrigerator brands in the US.
Go to GE Refrigerators
Started by Hobart Corporation in 1919, KitchenAid was later purchased by Whirlpool Corporation. KitchenAid is commendable for its high quality and reliability.
- Design Oriented: The aesthetics and engineering involved reflect the amount of thinking put into the designing of these products for its customers. The Architect Series II refrigerators has garnered high praise.
- Satin Glide System: Smooth heavy-duty roll-out racks for food items like meat. A detail mostly ignored has been given minute attention by KitchenAid.
- Dual Magna Seal Gasket System: Immediate and tight seal on the door that locks the temperature quickly.
Go to KitchenAid Refrigerators
This was founded by Westye F. Bakke, who built the first ever freestanding freezer, in Madison, Wisconsin. Sub-Zero is a dedicated refrigerator brand known for its uncompromising products and sheer ingenuity in food storage techniques. Apart from this, it is also well-known for its energy saving initiatives, and instills these values in its products.
- Integrated Refrigeration: No visible hinges or grills. Availability of varied sizes to go with your cabinets space. A truly unique feature that will make your refrigerator indistinguishable from the cabinets.
- Energy Saving Giant: With cutting-edge technology and ingenious design, one of their models – the Sub-Zero Pro48, consumes less energy than a 100 watt bulb. There is an added feature of transparent doors so that you can choose what you want without opening it, and save more energy!
Go to Sub-Zero Refrigerators
With ingenious ideas and clever technology, these brands have stood the test of time and quality. They have added to the value of kitchen and food, and will hopefully continue to do so.