Don’t start looking for commercial HVAC companies in your area until you’ve read this article. That’s because there may be a few factors you don’t yet know. So, here’s what you need to know before making calls or spending any money.
How do commercial HVAC companies operate?
These businesses specialize in installing and/or fixing commercial HVAC systems. Those systems are extremely complex, so a skilled pro is usually the only one who can handle it. HVAC consists of interconnected parts for heating, cooling, and ventilation. Commercial HVAC involves that same concept but across multiple floors and buildings.
HVAC techs are responsible for many things on the job site and beyond. They must ensure safety while respecting efficiency. Their main concern is installing, repairing, or maintaining various systems. So, their 10 most common areas of expertise are usually as follows:
- Air Conditioning (AC)
- Electric motors
- Refrigeration systems
- Exhaust/Intake fans
What are the top 5 commercial HVAC companies?
HVAC companies that can handle all of the above aren’t as rare as you think. In fact, there are at least five whose names are known all over the country. So, even if you can’t find help locally, you still might be able to get what you need through them. Contact the customer service of one of these companies to locate a dealer near you:
- Lennox – Easy payment plans and substantial rebates when you buy selected systems, so use their buyer’s guide for more information.
- Nortek – Air quality solutions for your home and products for every application, so find a rep nearby.
- LG Electronics – High-tech heating and cooling equipment and maximum efficiency installations, so ask about their duct-free indoor units.
- Ingersoll Rand – Maker of several other brands like Trane, CompAir, and Nash, so find out if there’s a dealer in your town.
- United Technologies – Home of Carrier, Collins Aerospace, and Otis Elevator Co., so contact them directly for a buyer’s guide.
Those large, US-based HVAC companies typically hire well-trained staff and build franchises all over the country. So, homeowners can find reliable help no matter where they live. To locate a service provider in your area, simply search for “commercial HVAC companies near me” or use a service finder.
The most common HVAC brands
Commercial-grade services generally use equipment from one of the top brands. That’s because those brands usually offer equipment with a substantial warranty. Never hire companies that are unfamiliar with the industry.
Instead, work with/for companies that use one of these top 10 HVAC brands because it simplifies the process at every turn:
- American Standard
To find out if your favorite commercial HVAC companies carry the right parts, just give them a call or visit their websites.
Saving money while hiring commercial HVAC companies
Keep in mind that HVAC prices can vary from season to season. Also, remember that using updated equipment can help cut costs even more. So, wait for sales, look for discounts, and try to buy some of your own gear.