announcement

Share useful tips on home improvement.

Goodman Furnace Reviews

Goodman Furnace Reviews

If you looking for an affordable heating system to keep your home warm and cozy, it would be a good idea to check out the furnaces offered by Goodman. The following write-up Goodman furnace reviews to find out more about Goodman heating systems.
Smita Pandit
Goodman is a brand that is known for manufacturing affordable heating and air conditioning equipment. While the manufacturers claim that their motto is to build the most reliable, high-quality heating and cooling equipment at a price that is truly wallet-friendly, the consumer reviews have been somewhat mixed.
Goodman Global Group, Inc.
Goodman Global was founded by Harold V. Goodman in 1975. Goodman acquired the Janitrol brand in the year 1982. Goodman Global Group acquired the Amana line of household appliances in 1997, but sold it to Maytag Corporation in 2001. However, Amana's heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) division is still owned by Goodman. In 2004, Goodman was acquired by an equity firm called Apollo Management. It was again acquired by a private equity firm called Hellman & Friedman in 2007. Goodman has been manufacturing and distributing residential central air conditioners, heat pumps and gas furnaces for three decades. Here's some information about furnaces offered by this company.
AFUE Ratings
These furnaces can be categorized on the basis of their efficiency. Their efficiency ranges from 80% to 96%. Goodman gas furnaces have high AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) ratings. The ratings are a measure of annual or seasonal energy that is used by such combustion equipment. These are determined by the amount of fuel used by the furnace. For instance, a 90% rating means that the furnace uses 90% of the fuel and only the remaining 10% is wasted. If you live in an area that gets extremely cold during the winter months, you can check out the super efficiency models, but if you live in a smaller home in a region that doesn't get very chilly during winter, you could have a standard efficiency model installed in your home. The models that come under the super efficiency category are somewhat costlier.
A high AFUE rating translates to lower heating bills, which surely is a great advantage. The popular high efficiency furnace models offered by Goodman that have an AFUE rating of 95% include:
  • GMVM96
  • GCVM96
  • GMVC95
  • GCVC95
  • GME95
  • GMH95
  • GCH95
GKS9 has an efficiency of 92% and GMVC8, GME8, GMH8, GMS8, GHS8 and GDS8 have an AFUE rating of 80%. GMCV95 offers a multi-position installation. One doesn't need to adhere to the standard form of installation. Whether you have the heating unit installed vertically or horizontally, it will not affect the airflow for heating of the home. Variable speed blower and two-stage burners will keep the energy costs low.
Consumer Reviews
If you surf the Internet for Goodman furnace reviews, you will see that a majority of people opt for this brand due to its cost-effectiveness.
  • The models are not as highly priced like other leading brands and Goodman does have some of the best warranties to offer to the customers.
  • Goodman offers both standard and extended guarantees. These furnaces have a limited lifetime warranty on the heat exchangers and if the unit fails within the first 10 years, the entire unit will be replaced. Products under Goodman brand are covered by a 10-year limited warranty on all functional parts.
  • Customers seem to be satisfied with certain models. Goodman's popular product GMV95 uses the dual saver technology that eliminates the temperature swings resulting from abrupt, high-stage stops-and-starts of the furnace by operating at a low heating state most of the time. Other features include the variable speed motor, dual-diameter tubular heat exchanger, durable silicon nitride igniter system and auto comfort mode for enhanced dehumidification.
  • The furnaces are designed for quick and easy installation.
Some say that these furnaces are capable of producing affordable and reliable heating for the home, provided you get them installed by a good contractor. Sometimes faulty installation can cost you a lot of money.
  • Consumer ratings are not that high and reviews reveal there are many customers who don't seem to be satisfied with level of performance.
  • Many consumers have complaints regarding expenditure on repairs.
If you are planning to buy a Goodman furnace for your home, do go through the consumer reports and ou looking for an affordable heating system to keep your home warm and cozycompare it with other brands. Buy it only if you feel satisfied with the product.