Do you have a huge pile of washed clothes and no time to iron them? Are you finding a commercial wrinkle releaser too costly to use regularly? We come to your rescue, as we provide you easy ways to make a cheap and effective wrinkle release spray at home.
Vinegar is a natural fabric softener that can be used to make a wrinkle releaser, because it removes any residues of soap from the fabric, and also any static that may have resulted in synthetic clothes because of the dryer of the washing machine.
When you apply some wrinkle release spray on your crumpled clothes, it makes them wrinkle-free, and they are ready for you to don. This eliminates the need of ironing them. So, a wrinkle release spray comes in handy when you have to make a huge pile of clothes ready for use, and you don’t have the time to iron them all. Apart from saving time, a homemade wrinkle release spray has some more advantages over its commercial rival. Some of them are:
- Making a wrinkle release spray by yourself at home is a cheaper option, as it can be made with common items of daily use.
- It is also easy to make. It is convenient and can be made whenever you need it, and how much ever you need.
- Commercial wrinkle release sprays form a coating on the clothes. They have chemicals that can be harsh on the skin, and cause irritations. This is a major advantage of homemade wrinkle release sprays.
Here, we shall discuss 3 wrinkle release spray recipes, using a fabric softener, using hair conditioner and white vinegar, and using baking soda and white vinegar.
Method 1: Using Fabric Softener
- Fabric softener, 1 tsp
- Filtered water, 1 cup
- Spray bottle
- Hold a funnel over an opened spray bottle.
- Pour the water and fabric softener into it.
- Close the bottle and shake well.
A commercial fabric softener has chemicals unfriendly to the skin. Hence, we recommend a natural fabric softener made from vinegar.
Method 2: Using Hair Conditioner and White Vinegar
- White vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Hair conditioner, 1 tsp
- Filtered water, 2 cups
- Spray bottle
- Open the lid of the spray bottle.
- Hold a funnel at its opening.
- Pour the vinegar, water, and finally the hair conditioner into the bottle through the funnel.
- Place the lid back on the spray bottle.
- Shake well.
Method 3: Using Baking Soda and White Vinegar
- Baking Soda, ½ cup
- Filtered water
- White vinegar
- Mixing bowl
- Long-handle spoon
- Spray bottle
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Pour water into it.
- Now add baking soda.
- Before you perform the next step, stand away from the bowl, especially keep your face away. Even cover it with a cloth if you wish to. Now, with a long-handle spoon, add some white vinegar to the mixture in the bowl. The mixture will effervesce, i.e. a bubbly froth will form. Let this reaction complete, and don’t touch it until then.
- Add more water to it, and stir the mixture.
- Finally, through a funnel, pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
To add some fragrance to you wrinkle releaser, pour a few drops of your favorite essential oil into it.
How to Use
Take a creased T-shirt. It will look something like this.
Spray the wrinkle release solution you made over the wrinkled parts of the T-shirt. See to it that the quantity you spray is just enough to make the fabric slightly moist. Avoid making it wet. Stretch the fabric gently. This will assist in smoothening the wrinkles. Let it dry. Voila! The wrinkles are gone and the T-shirt looks like this.
That’s how simple it is to make and use wrinkle release spray at home by yourself. Say no to dreary ironing, and yet, put on your garments with style.