If you are using a bidet for the first time then you must be confused about its usage and its significance. Bidets are of two types basin and electronic. Find out details about the different types of bidets and how to use them, in the following write-up.
Bidet is a type of sink which is facilitated with a water pressure jet. This can be used to clean the buttocks, anus and genital parts. Bidet was invented in the 17th century which can be seen in the French furniture. It can be either fitted in your commode or can be separately provided next to it. They are very helpful in cleaning the private parts after having bowel movement and maintains your personal hygiene. Well, usage of bidet is quite easy, you just need to follow the steps given in this article.
Types of Bidet
There are basically two types of bidet: basin and electronic. Basins are the most basic bidets whereas electronic bidets are introduced recently and are fully automatic.
- Basin Bidet: This can be further divided into two types, Classic and French basin bidet. Classic basin bidet sits at a lower level as compared to a regular commode. Once you are done with your business, you can sit on the bidet and use it. French basin bidet is quite similar to the classic bidet but the only difference is that you don’t need to use your hands for cleaning the dirt, because a spout is fixed in the bottom of the bidet which directs the water to your private parts and cleans it up.
- Electronic Bidet Seat: This is a modern type of bidet. All the functions can be done by just pressing few buttons. You don’t need to move from your position as the bidet is fixed with the commode. You just need to press the wash button and the water nozzle will open. Some electronic bidet also have inbuilt driers.
How to Use a Bidet
Bidet can be considered an added advantage in your commode. Its usage is very simple, just follow the below given instructions and enjoy a clean and safe wash after every defecation.
- The water jet may be connected in the bottom of the bidet or separately given. So, you need to first decide which position will be helpful and comfortable for you to wash off the dirt.
- Now when you are done with your business, just wipe up the dirt with the help of toilet paper.
- Now, if the water jet is present in the bottom of the bidet then switch it on. Initially start with a low speed and then increase it as per your requirement.
- If the water jet is separately given, then first sit in the position which is comfortable. Some people sit facing the handle of the bidet as it makes it easy to control the pressure of the water but may be difficult as you need to remove your pant completely. Some people sit facing opposite to the bidet, this makes the use of bidet bit difficult but may not require to remove the pant completely.
- Now adjust the temperature of the water. Start with cold water and then slowly increase the temperature.
- Now once you start, the water cleans off the dirt from the anus completely. You can also use a soap.
- After cleaning the dirt, turn off the water jet, press the flush button in the bidet and pat dry yourself with the help of a toilet paper. Some bidets have inbuilt driers which may not even require the use of towel.
- Wash your hands with a hand wash after finishing off your business.
A bidet is very helpful in case of babies. As it is quite comfortable and easy to make your baby-sit on the bidet and clean off the dirt. Installing bidet at home has become a part of healthy living. It can be considered one of the best ways to keep yourself clean after using the toilet.