Lennox is a well-known name in air heating and cooling solutions. Its vast product range includes air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps, indoor air quality systems, air handlers, comfort controls, boilers, garage heaters, home generators, etc. Lennox came into prominence with the introduction of riveted steel furnace to air conditioners in 1895. Although it is chiefly recognized as a provider of household comfort products, Lennox also manufactures non-household products such as commercial heating units. Lennox manufactures a wide variety of air conditioners catering to different needs and reviews differ for each of these products.
The chief models include the following:-
- Dave Lennox Signature Collection boasts of the quietest and most efficient central air conditioners. This series of air conditioners include models like the XC21 and XC17.
- Elite Series include a range of air conditioners that promise stupendous energy savings. This series includes the XC16, XC14 and XC13 models of air conditioners.
- Merit Series of air conditioners and furnaces have earned the highly reputed Good Housekeeping Seal and come with a promise of high efficiency, comfort and unquestionable reliability. This series offers the 14ACX and the 13ACX models.
Now, let us take a look at what Lennox AC users have to say about this brand to get a hang of the average consumer satisfaction ratio of these products.
Reviews of Lennox Air Conditioners
- Many customers unanimously agree to having faced problems relating to valve, compressor and fan-motor.
- A lot of consumers who are satisfied with their Lennox air conditioners vouch by the quietness and durability of this brand's products.
- Bad installation may cause problems such as leaks and failed parts and although these ACs come with Lennox's repair and replacement warranty, the cost of labor is quite high, which has to be borne by the customer.
- Some users have been known to complain of refrigerant leak - the bad news is that this is not covered by the warranty, making troubleshooting for such issues difficult and costly for customers.
- A regular annual maintenance, however, has been known to increase the efficiency of Lennox ACs, ruling out incidences of break-down.
- Replacement warranty only covers the part to be replaced and not the technical support required for such replacement.
- The most common user complaints are those of coil leaks and faulty valves.
- Lennox air conditioners, however, pass the test of silence with flying colors! The Dave Lennox Signature Collection's XC21 is one of the quietest ACs available and is 13 times quieter than standard ones.
- Lack of user-friendliness has been pointed out by quite a considerable number of users.
- Lennox has designed some very intensive training programs for its manufacturers and dealers which enable them to educate the customer regarding its installation, maintenance, use and troubleshooting.
The points above give a decent overview of the most common user-feedback garnered by Lennox ACs. Most of these problems cited by the users are related to bad installation or lack of regular maintenance. However, some warranty and coverage issues also exist. Costs range between high-end to economic and easily affordable. The Dave Lennox Signature Collection models come across as the costliest of all three series, the Merit Series models being the cheapest. All in all, Lennox ACs, if purchased from a good and authorized dealer, is a sound investment in home cooling solution, as we can see from the feedback of many satisfied customers.
Yes, one major problem about which Lennox can do something is regarding its warranty, which should also cover labor charges. Judging by the overall reviews and the fact that these air conditioners are included among the 10 best central air conditioners, Lennox is a name to reckon as it has provided its customers with over two centuries of quality and reliability in terms of home comfort solutions. However, judging by what a lot of Lennox AC users have to say, better product support and more emphasis on quality of dealership is certainly something which would take an otherwise reputed brand as Lennox a few notches higher on the customer satisfaction scale. Lennox, are you listening?