Ultrasonic pest control devices are used to trap and eliminate different pests from your house. Read on to know more about these.
Everyone likes to live in a house that is clean and pest-free. In the form of rats, mice, snakes, fleas, and cockroaches, these unwanted visitors enter houses or buildings, multiply in number, and create havoc. This results in unhygienic conditions and many health problems.
What is an Ultrasonic Pest Control Device?
This device functions by emitting high frequency, short wavelength sound waves that scare the pests. These sounds cannot be heard by humans, but are audible by insects and some small mammals like rodents. They have antennae or special hair to pick up these high frequency sounds. An ultrasonic sound makes them so uncomfortable and disoriented, that they want to flee away from it. Like light, these sound waves stop once they hit a solid area, hence not giving the pests an opportunity to hide behind the wall or furniture or some other place. Hence, these devices should always be kept near their tunnels.
Before choosing the device, first you have to identify what kind of pest you have. The devices come in different frequency ranges, and can be changed to varying levels of frequency.
- Viatek Ultrasonic Pest Repeller: This is used for cockroaches, mice, and rats. It is a plug-in device with an outstanding 100,000 hours usability, and bulbs that need not be replaced. It also acts as a nightlight but should not be kept in the room where your pets reside.
- Black and Decker EP1100: It is a heavy-duty, inaudible, ultrasonic pest control machine that is best for large rooms, and needs to be kept on a flat surface. It claims to remove pests within two weeks, but it is advisable to continue using it for sometime even after the rodents are gone. It is recommended to change the frequency of the sounds quite often, to annoy and irritate the pests. It is safe to use around pets like dogs, cats, fish, birds, etc.
- Royal Ultrasonic Pest Repellent: It works by changing frequency constantly, and can be plugged into any 120 V AC outlet. It is suitable to use around pets. However, it is a small device, and cannot be used outside, or in large rooms.
- Black and Decker EX900-A-TP1: It is smaller than the EP1100, but covers a huge area. It has variable settings, and can either be plugged in, or even run without batteries. Unlike the Royal ultrasonic pest repellent, it doesn’t change the sound frequencies mechanically.
- Sunbeam Ultrasonic/Electromagnetic SB200: It comes in a childproof clamshell packaging, and plugs into any 110 V wall outlet. It uses both, ultrasonic and electromagnetic forces to remove pests like ants, spiders, mice, and rats.
- Dotcoms I-Kitchen Sunbeam Ultrasonic Pest Control SB310: It is a multi-tasking ultrasonic repeller, that comes with a built-in night light and digital clock. It can be plugged into any 120 V AC outlet, and utilizes both, ultrasonic and electromagnetic forces in its elimination process. It is ideal for removing rats, mice, moths, ants, fleas, and spiders.
These devices follow a non-lethal method, and help you in getting rid of unwanted vermin. Due to its non-violent but effective technique, any type of pest, that tries to enter your home, will turn away, and go to some other place.