Wondering how to preserve the beauty of acacia wood? Thinking about ways to take care of it and avoid damage to them? The following article will provide you with the answers you seek.
Acacia wood is immensely popular when it comes to furnishings, kitchenware, tableware, and flooring. It is also known as monkey pod wood. Out of the 1,300 species of acacia, few are also used to make paper. The popularity of the acacia wood can be credited to its inherent quality of being durable. Well buffed acacia wood will have remarkable shine, it can have tones of chocolate, coffee or golden. The shine along with the beautiful tones make this wood eye-catching.
Acacia Wood Care
You might be enamored by your acacia wood furnishings, flooring etc., but it is important to take care of them so that they do not get damaged. Here are a few tips to take good care of your monkey pod wood.
Furnishings: Outdoor and Indoor
It is heartbreaking to see your favorite furniture buckle, and you will feel terrible if you realize that, your wood furniture got damaged because of inadequate care.
- Your furniture should be cleaned at least once a year. A soap solution can be used to clean your furniture.
- If your acacia furniture is located near your pool, then it is surely going to be affected by the splashes of the chlorine rich water from your pool. Hose your furniture, once or twice a fortnight.
- Make sure that you wipe the furniture dry after hosing it, or cleaning it, or even if it was exposed to rains, and avoid its direct exposure to sun.
- I recommend you to use waterproof covers for your furniture.
- If you are not going to use your outdoor furniture for a long time, then it would be better if you keep them inside your home.
- Your indoor furniture may not be prone to the direct sun and rains, but it is definitely prone to spills. So clean the spills regularly.
- Use a soft cloth, and a soap solution to clean the wood. And wipe them dry after you are done.
- Several wood preservative products are available in the market, apply them on your acacia wood.
- Before you apply them, read the instructions specified on the products.
- If you feel that your furniture has lost its gloss, then you can apply shine restoring products.
- When you buy any shine restoring product, read its specifications, and make sure that it is suitable for your wood.
Tableware and Kitchenware
The tableware made from acacia wood look very elegant, while the kitchenware made from this wood is a rage among the chefs all around the world.
- Clean your tableware and kitchenware immediately after using them.
- Using a dishwasher for cleaning, may not be a nice idea, personally, I recommend hand wash.
- Use warm soap water to clean, and wipe them dry with a piece of cloth.
- Use mineral oil to polish your tableware and kitchenware, the oil should be non toxic.
- Moisture will damage your acacia wood, so keep your tableware and kitchenware in a dry place.
You need to take necessary measures of care to maintain the beauty of your acacia wood flooring, as they can get damaged easily, by carelessness.
- Do not let any spills to air dry on your wooden floor.
- Use a vacuum cleaner (not with beater bars), or broom to clean your flooring.
- The floor should be prevented from direct exposure of sunlight, you can use carpets, for this cause.
- Always use a solution suggested by your retailer, to clean your acacia wood flooring.
- See that you avoid any activity that will result in scratches, on your flooring.
Things to Remember
- Dust your wood furnishings regularly.
- Fill the gap in your furniture with furniture wax.
- Teak oil can be used in addition to wood preserving products.
- Gaps on the flooring should be repaired by an expert.
- Always try to keep your wood furniture, tableware, kitchenware, etc., in a cool and dry place.
It is not that difficult to take care of the acacia wood, but you surely need to take efforts to keep the acacia wood stunning. The above tips will help you enhance the longevity of your wood decor.