If you have pets at your home, they are bound to loiter here and there, sometimes playing on the carpet and at other times sleeping on it. Often, they urinate and dispose off the dirt from their body, staining the carpet and making it filthy. Cleaning these pet stains from a carpet is quite a daunting task even though there are ample measures for it.
The homemade cleaners are cost-effective ways of carpet cleaning, while the chemical cleaners sold in the market offer a rapid action. It's difficult to figure out the best carpet cleaner for this purpose due to the numerous varieties available in the market. The following guide will help you know how to remove pet stains from carpet.
You can prepare a carpet shampoo in bulk and store it at home. Use it whenever your pet has soiled the carpet or has made it dirty. You can use the readily available ingredients at home to prepare the solution. If the entire carpet has been soiled, then you have to wash it with a cleanser or send it to the laundry service. A few effective cleansing agents are as described below:
- You can prepare a combination by mixing ammonia with a dish washing detergent. This is one of the best methods for cleaning carpets. One teaspoon of ammonia is added to a cup of water and then mixed well. Apply the solution with a brush over the stain in order to remove it.
- Citric compounds act as excellent stain removal products. You will require half a cup of lemon juice, three teaspoons of vinegar, and some orange peel powder. Combine the products with a little salt and then rub the stain with it.
- The stained carpet, when scrubbed with a solution of baking soda and diluted vinegar, regains its luster and shine. It also acts as an odor neutralizing agent. Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to a solution of diluted white vinegar. Soak the carpet for 10 minutes in it, and then rub it with a brush.
If you want a quick cleansing effect, then you can opt for readily available products. You can either purchase a chemical-based cleanser or an organic product. Products that are specifically meant for stubborn stains offer a wonderful action by removing every trace of it from the carpet. Get to know the best carpet cleaner solution for pet stains from the next paragraphs.
- Quick n Brite tops the list of best carpet cleaners for pet urine. The strong liquid concentrate is applied over the spot and then cleaned after a few minutes. Not only does it remove stains, but it also eliminates the pungent odor. Other good products include Super Shammy, Bissell ProHeat, Pet Stain Off, RX Pet Stain Remover, etc.
- Look for corn-based ethanol products that have been fermented and distilled. Corn acts as an excellent absorbent that quickly erases stains. Other organic and plant products extracted from citrus trees mildly bleach the stains, thereby removing them effectively. A few good organic products include Stainerizer Organic Pet Stain and Odor Remover and Monsieur Poopy Pants Organic Pet Stain and Odor Remover.
- Apart from this, the cleanliness quotient will depend much on the efficacy of the vacuum cleaner. If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner machine meant for pet stains, then go for Bissell QuickSteamer and Bissell ProHeat. They are fitted with power brushes that remove the stains completely.
Follow the measures accordingly to get rid of the stains. I would also suggest you to train your pets to develop good habits so that they do not litter inside the house and make the upholstery dirty. This way, you can avoid the job of cleaning your carpets every now and then.