There are plenty of insects and bugs around us. If you are upset with the bugs, here’s an article to help you get rid of them.
Bug is a general term for an insect or a crawling invertebrate. Bugs are found in plenty in the vicinity of our house, like in the gardens, lawns, trees, etc., so don’t be surprised on spotting bugs in your house. There can be tiny bugs or flying bugs, and all these need to be treated in order to protect our health.
There are many insects and bugs that you will come across in your homes. The most common bugs you can find in your home are ants, cockroaches, and moths, to name a few. These household bugs can cause us a lot of trauma when they scurry from one part of the house to another. The infestation of these bugs can be controlled after properly identifying one bug from the other as this will enable you to treat each bug differently.
Ants are the most common bugs that infest your house and your gardens. There are different types of ants, like red ants, fire ants, and black ants that can cause you trouble. You can get rid of ants in a number of ways.
- Soak some pipe tobacco overnight in warm water. Pour it over the ant hill the next morning after discarding the tobacco.
- Put some red pepper on the ant trail. This will kill them.
- Draw a chalk line across the windows and doors and see the ants disappear.
- Mix lavender oil with some water and mop the floor with it.
- Seal window and door cracks with caulk. The ants will not be able to enter.
After ants, cockroaches are major troublemakers. There are about five different types of cockroaches that we may find in our homes. Getting rid of them is also easy. Just use any or all the following methods.
- Spray insecticides or get pest control done to kill the cockroaches. However, you will have to do it once every few months or the cockroaches will return.
- If you see the cockroaches in some cracks and crevices of your walls, seal them with caulk.
- There are many cockroach killer pastes that are available in the market. If you find that these are ineffective, prepare your own cockroach bait by mixing a little boric powder or borax powder in these mixtures. This will increase the cockroach killing capacity.
- Alternatively, make a thick paste from some boric powder, sugar, and flour to use as cockroach bait.
- Prepare a trap by applying some petroleum jelly on the walls of a glass jar. This will prevent the cockroaches from climbing out of the jar, once caught inside.
This parasite is also a cause of concern to most people. You will find bed bugs in beds, mattresses, and sofas. You definitely don’t want to sleep with them, right? Besides these are the bugs that eat clothes among the other nuisances that they cause. Some tips of how to kill bed bugs are mentioned below.
- The best way for bed bug removal is by vacuuming your bed and sofa regularly till you are completely rid of them for good.
- Wash your clothes, curtains, and bed sheets in hot water. The hot water kills them.
- Very high temperatures kill the bed bugs. You can send the infected materials for a really hot wash or dry-clean at very high temperatures. You can also steam them or heat them up in hot dryers at a high temperature.
- Seal the hiding spots if possible. This is a good way of bed bug removal that can be followed.
If your house is infested with carpet beetles, immediate action is required. These beetles gain entry when they get attached to your soiled clothes and get stuck in the carpets, and things made from wool and fur. There are ways to get rid of carpet bees too.
- You will need to apply lots of insecticides to get rid of carpet beetles. Try using neem oil as an insecticide as it is natural and effective.
- Vacuum the carpets once the carpet beetles are found. Do not postpone this as these beetles multiply faster and the larvae stage is the most destructive stage.
- Wash all the infested clothes and carpets with hot water. Use soap generously to kill and remove the beetles.
- Boric acid and borax powder are again to your rescue as they have the capacity to kill these bugs.
Fleas, mosquitoes, and ticks are the other small black bugs which need to be treated. They are black bugs that bite and require the use of repellents for their removal. You may also find small flying bugs which settled on your fruits and other eatables that are kept open in the kitchen. Keeping the kitchen airy and dry is the best way to get rid of them.
Apart from the above creatures, you might find many other bugs that bite, and lice and termites in your house too. Ask your exterminator to treat them as there are no permanent home solutions to get rid of them. Get rid of all the unnecessary clutter that attracts these bugs. If there is a very high amount of infestation, its best to get professional help to make your house bug free.