Water coolers are an important addition in every home, gym or office. This machine helps keep and dispense cold water at the beck and call of anyone. This is one of the convenient ways to get water, which is refreshingly cool. To keep the water always fresh, it is essential to clean the water cooler unit, at least twice a month. Cleaning the cooler is an easy task, which can be done by anyone.
How to Clean a Water Cooler Machine
Cleaning the water cleaner should be on a routine basis to avoid infections. Since moisture is a breeding ground for black mold, bacteria and other pathogens, it is necessary to disinfect and clean it regularly. Here are a few instructions for how to clean a water cleaner at home. Ensure proper care while cleaning the reservoir, especially the air filter.
- Before getting to the task of water cooler repair and cleaning, unplug and dismantle the machine. Remove the bottle placed on top of the water cooler, since it will make the cleaning task easier.
- Once the water bottle has been removed from the main unit, empty the water in the storage container into a bucket through the water cooler dispenser or faucet. After draining all the water from the reservoir, pour warm water in it and allow it to stand for about 15 minutes.
- The water cooler can also be cleaned with the help of vinegar. Well, make a solution of water and vinegar, use the ratio of 3:1 for the solution, i.e. 3 quarts of water added to one quart of vinegar.
- Empty the water from the container and pour the vinegar solution into it, allowing it to stand for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Use a scrub or brush and clean the inside of the reservoir thoroughly removing any residue, salt crystals and dirt.
- You can also use a mild detergent to clean the interior of the water storage container. Drain the dirty solution of vinegar through the faucet to disinfect it. This will answer your query to how to clean a water cleaner dispenser or the faucet.
- If there are any removable parts in the water cooler, remove them and clean them separately by using a mild detergent solution or bleach solution (made with bleach and water in a 2:1 ratio). Rinse them thoroughly with warm water and keep them at a place where you can reach for them easily while fixing the water cooler again.
- Once all the vinegar solution has drained from the water cooler container, pour warm water into it and scrub it again to remove any residual matter. Drain the dirty water through the water cooler dispenser and continue this process for at least four or five times till the water does not have any smell or taste of vinegar.
- Remove the screen and drip tray to clean it with beach solution. To clean the screen you can use a brush, to dislodge dirt particles. Rinse the parts with water and replace all the parts into the water cooler unit.
- After this task, you need to refill the container with fresh drinking water, so that the cooling unit can be used. Wipe the mouth of the new water bottle with a paper towel and bleach or vinegar solution to disinfect it. Remove the cover and invert the bottle on the reservoir to fill it.
- To disinfect the exterior of the water cooler and the water dispenser, wipe them clean with the help of vinegar or bleach solution and paper towels. Once the water has filled the reservoir, plug the unit to the power supply and adjust the temperature as desired.