One quick search for “pest control Raleigh NC” will give you countless results. But how do you find the best company and why is it important? Well, if you knew all the signs of an infestation, you probably wouldn’t be asking that. So, here’s what you need to know before panicking.
How to find the best pest control Raleigh NC has to offer
Your search for the best pest control company in your area doesn’t have to cause a headache. In fact, it can be pretty easy if you use these three simple guidelines:
- Never do business with anyone that isn’t licensed and insured. That way, you’re both fully covered if something bad happens.
- Compare prices and services to get the best deal. You can even ask about discounts or referral incentives to save more money.
- See if your neighbors have anything to say. After all, people are usually willing to share their stories whether they’re good or bad.
Be sure to discuss your budget and schedule for the best turnout. And remember, you don’t have to sign anything until you’re certain it’s what you want.
The 10 signs of a pest infestation in your home
Homeownership can be stressful enough without having to manage a pest control problem too. Moreover, hiring an exterminator can be really expensive. So, save some time, prevent some headaches, and get ahead of the game when you can. To do that, look around your house for these 10 signs of an infestation:
- Noticeable pest activity
- Nesting evidence
- Tracks or marks
- Scratches or bites (in materials or on the body)
- Structural damage
- Damaged plantlife
- Foul odors
- Noises inside the walls or floors
Keep in mind that each type of pest can leave behind different signs. So, contact your local pest control company for more information. And while you’re there, think about scheduling an on-site inspection because they’ll probably find the things you can’t.
Easy DIY tips before you search “pest control Raleigh NC”
Don’t be so quick to fork over the cash for an exterminator. That’s because there may be a few do-it-yourself methods to help slow or stop a pest infestation. According to the experts, here’s how frugal homeowners can easily prevent or eliminate a pest problem:
- ANTS: Cut low-hanging branches and make sure they’re not touching your roof.
- COCKROACHES: Remove all cardboard box clutter, especially from dark areas.
- BEETLES: Seal up all entryways including windows and door thresholds.
- MICE: Close the holes around the perimeter of your house and plug up cracks in the foundation.
- STINKBUGS: Clean up your downspouts and remove thatching from your lawn.
- SPIDERS: Use a dehumidifier to remove airborne moisture and prevent other insects from gaining ground.
If your efforts prove to be futile or if someone in your house gets sick, start searching “pest control Raleigh NC” before we finish this sentence.
Controlling pests can be a pain in the neck and a strain on the bank account. But you can lighten the burden by catching the problem before it grows into a monster.