Water coolers are more than a necessity in summers and the most common problems associated with them include leakage, blocked spouts, weird tasting water and cooling problems. If you are considering water cooler repair, you must first identify the cause of the problem. Depending on the type of the complaint, you may be able to repair it easily. And trust me, with the following steps water of cooler repair, it won't sound as tough as it does initially. Here's your do-it-yourself procedure on how to repair water cooler.
- Check the levels of freon in your water cooler. If you find any problems, hire a professional to fix the freon for your cooler.
- Check whether the coils of your water cooler are clean or not. The cleaning of coils will give you no trouble in getting hot/cold water from your water cooler. Make sure you disconnect the water cooler from its electric plug before carrying out this procedure.
- Consider trying a reset on your water cooler, to check if it is freezing the water or is not able to perform water cooling. To carry out a reset, you should drain a few glasses of water from hot and cold ends of your water cooler. Having done that, you should turn off the switches at the back of your water cooler. Unplug the water cooler and leave it in this condition for next 24 hours. After 24 hours, turn it on again. Make sure you turn on the back end switches of the water cooler as well. Before dispensing any water, wait for 5 more hours, and you will know if it has worked or not.
- You must clean the water cooler and its dispenser if the water gives you a strange taste or is having some trouble dispensing it. Mold and mildew grows in various places and these can block the smooth flow of water and can even give it a strange taste. It is always a wise step to clean and sanitize your water cooler once in every 6 months, so as to maintain hygiene and avoid any problems in the water cooler.
- Replacing old parts of water cooler also plays an important role in the overall functioning of the unit. You should regularly check the parts, to see which ones are not working. You should immediately replace them with new spare parts. If the steps of water cooler repair, I mentioned above this one, failed to fix your water cooler, replacing the non-functioning parts with the new ones is the safest and easiest option for repairing your water cooler. If you consider repairing a water cooler or replacing its parts, you must make sure what cost would it take to replace the entire unit. Sometimes, the water cooler company gets willing on replacing the entire water cooler with no additional fees, if the water cooler is a rented one.